Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

incorrect password message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
passagerduvent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: incorrect password message Reply with quote

Good evening,
I have had many issues recently trying to log in on gixen since my password is said not actual anymore (whereas it is and I didn't change anything with ebay ).
I simply can not access gixen anymore, and I would say this started about one month ago , maybe little bit more, but I was so busy I couldn't contact you.
I insist this is on YOUR side ! My password wasn't changed. Please help
Thank you
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this situation persists for more than a day or so, Mario recommends that you do change your Ebay password to one that is more complicated and thus difficult to guess.

When you do so, I further recommend that you leave it at least a day after changing your password before trying to log into Gixen again, with your new password.

Please also note that before changing your password on Ebay you should delete all active snipes here on Gixen... and then enter them once more once you gain access with your new password.

So you need a couple of days when you don't intend to place any snipes in order to complete the whole process, as recommended.
Anonimo

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem....user and pass Ok in ebay but fail in gixen......Last week work perfect in gixen...I 'm not understand why now not......I think is a system problem.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonimo,

It is not a Gixen system problem, if it were there would be many more reports about it here.

Ebay sometimes allows you to log in from one location but puts up barriers when you try from another. Most likely that is the cause.

If the problem persists for more than one day please contact Mario direct via email (as detailed on the 'Contact' tab above), please include your Ebay id in such contact, he may then be able to give you more specific advice as to what you should do next.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject:

jlines

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Password error Reply with quote

How many have to report this same issue before you believe there is a problem? Something has changed within the last week or two. I am having no issue getting in or out of eBay and like the others I have not changed passwords.
I read through several messages and it appears the recommendation would be to change your logon within eBay but then I also saw where before you change your password on eBay you should delete all of you active snipes and re-enter them after changing your password. So how are you supposed to do that if you can't get into Gixen? Does that mean you also loose all of your past history?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the number of users Gixen has, it would certainly need to be more than ten per day, reporting this same issue, before it would be likely to be a problem with the Gixen setup, or software.

You don't loose past history, it just makes sense to delete hem if you can... otherwise once you change your Ebay password there will be at least one attempt by Gixen to log into your account with the wrong password.. which can then prolong the issue of Gixen not being able to log in for you via its server.

NB Gixen only ever checks back with Ebay when you enter a password that is different from the one you last successfully logged in with (though it only has to store a one way hash of that password in order to do so), this these issues only arise if you do type in a new/incorrect password at some point.
e3wan

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Same problem for me Reply with quote

I'm getting the same issue - incorrect password warning; I haven't changed it and can log into Ebay with no additional prompts/captchas etc.

I'll try again tomorrow and if it's still happening, I'll change my Ebay password and give it another 24 hours. I've never had a problem logging into gixen before...
poparti

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: re: wrong password Reply with quote

Confirmed - I have it also from a couple days. Username/password did not match - and directly at Ebay I can log in without problems.
gregger

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am having the same issue; I haven't changed my password and can log into Ebay just fine, but can't log in via Gixen.
gregger

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregger wrote:
Hi all,

I am having the same issue; I haven't changed my password and can log into Ebay just fine, but can't log in via Gixen.

Update: I realized I was still logged in to eBay during my last try to log in to Gixen. So I logged out of eBay, and then was able to log in to Gixen.

Pardon my ignorance if it's true that you can't be logged into eBay both on-site and via Gixen at the same time.

Thanks

Greg
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be logged into Gixen and Ebay at the same time.

The persistence of Ebay putting up blocks to your account logging in via the Gixen servers is quite random. Once the underlying reason that Ebay want more information from you is removed though, the issue tends to go away completely.

Sometimes it as simple as they want you to choose a more secure password.
awd

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting

"Password is not a match. Could not log you in. (33, 84)"

Password is quite secure (random, greater than 20 characters) and I have not changed recently. Logged out of eBay, tried to log in through Gixen, then successfully logged into eBay with the same password I tried with Gixen

Can a password be too secure for Gixen?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but sometimes the problem is resolved anyway by changing it.

eBay likes frequent password changes, it reduces perceived danger of fraudulent bids and then captcha images that block sniping services are less likely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.