Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Cannot login after changing Ebay username

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherrymelton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Cannot login after changing Ebay username Reply with quote

Item 232279867807 is just the most recent and frustrating auction I have lost using gixen. I have been having trouble recently logging in. I've changed my username at Ebay. Not a password change. Now at gixen I am having login issues, but with several tries I was able to login but the snipe didn't work. And some message comes up that I can't login using email anymore (must use Ebay username). I can login fine at Ebay. On gixen I also get a msg saying something about the login has caused confusion in the past, for me to please use the one I login at Ebay with. Please help
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen requires you to log in with your Ebay id, not the email address. This is because Gixen doesn't know the email address associated with your Ebay account, even if you pay for a Mirror subscription there is no requirement on Ebay to use the same email address for both, so Gixen can't associate the two. This has been recommended for quite some time, though it may be a recent innovation to enforce it now.

If you have recently changed credentials it is possible this is associated with your current problem logging in. To Ebay changing credentials, either password or id name can look like an attempt to hijack your account, especially when associated with an attempt to log in from a remote location, like the Gixen server.

Mario does recommend that you change your password if it is not a particularly secure one, i.e. not very long or not containing both numbers and digits. If you do so though I recommend not trying to log into Gixen for at least a day after doing so, for the reasons stated in the last paragraph.

Fortunately Ebay usually only impose sanctions against logging in via the Gixen server for a day or so, if you find it impossible to log in for longer than that then it may be worthwhile to drop an email direct to Mario at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above, supplying your current Ebay id when you do so.
sherrymelton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Login Reply with quote

I emailed via the contact tab March 23 with no reply when another auction was missed because I couldn't log in. At that time I just wrote and waited. No response.

This time gixen looked like I was logged in and snipe looked set. Once auction ended and I lost, I came back to see why. That's when I got this message in the little box below my bid I thought that was in place:

Status(main): Verification code required by Ebay. Could not log in.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the same status on the Mirror tab ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I missed your email. Can you please try to change your ebay password yet again? Please pick a very strong one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.