Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe Currency?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phatlogie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Snipe Currency? Reply with quote

What currency does your Gixen snipe use? i.e. If I am an Australian bidder (AUD) and bid for a US item (US), is the amount I enter as my Gixen snipe in AUD or US dollars?

I ask because I entered a bid that was more than the winning bid (US) but Gixen reported an insufficient bid. Crying or Very sad

Thank you,
Dave.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen is using whatever is the currency in which auction was listed. If you were bidding on an auction listed in US dollars, it doesn't matter what country you are from (or even what country seller is from).

The reason for insufficient bid in this case is probably ebay bid increments. For example, to overbid a bidder whose bid is $101, you have to bid at least $2.50 more than that (so $103.50). $102 is more than $101, but would not be enough.

See http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html
PhatLogie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario,
I checked the increments and I think that you are right.
Keep up the good work on a great product. Very Happy
Cheers,
Dave.
mephisto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Wierd.. Reply with quote

If you look at the acution 190057719240 it ended at 7.99 (GBP) with only one bid, and even though my maximum bid in gixen were 8.10 it says "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE". Any ideas what went wrong?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Wierd..

mephisto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

nevermind, I didnt think about minimum increase requirement...
lvjdc1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: currency Reply with quote

I have just started using your service and I like it very much, however, I ran into an issue when I bid on something originating in the United Kingdom (item#190067797322). I bid $31.00 as my maximum bid and your service bid it in GBP so I have to pay over $60.00 US for the item. I understand the inherent difficulties in dealing with different currencies, but perhaps if you could make this issue more clear on your home page, I think that this would make for more happy users. Thanks again, Joe
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I'm sorry about that, but what made you believe the bidding currency will be USD? This is not so even when you submit your bid directly on ebay, it's always the currency in which auction was listed, right?
lvjdc1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mario,
When I bid on ebay directly from my computer, ebay does the conversion automatically giving the amount in both US$ and GBP$. I am not sure why I thought that your service would do the same, in retrospect I should have realized it on my own. I blame myself for not thinking. I am trying to work something out with the seller and I will be more careful in the future. I really like your service and will be recommending it to my friends. Thanks again, Joe
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, sorry about that Joe, I hope you can settle that with the seller. I'll see where the best place on the site is to add a warning about this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.