Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

can't login

View previous topic :: View next topic  
proxi-angel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: can't login Reply with quote

Hello, I can't login. Gixen says:

Password is not a match. Could not log you in.

eBay refused your password. Please check the following:

I checked logout and login again, on ebay. It works well except that when I login it asks me to fill in some stupid questions/answers...for extra security.
I really don't think that the answer of question what was my first car is more secure than 15 symbols randomly generated password. So I always skip this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen isn't programmed to skip those demands... So it won't be able to log in for you.

My advice is that you answer the questions Ebay are asking before attempting to use Gixen again.
baldyrox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: cant logion Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Gixen isn't programmed to skip those demands... So it won't be able to log in for you.

My advice is that you answer the questions Ebay are asking before attempting to use Gixen again.

i am also unable to login into gixen and am sitting on ebay right now. no login changes no password changes.
proxi-angel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it works again. I didn't answer the ebay extra security questions neither did any other changes...maybe some temporary problem somewhere.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe, since you didn't answer, Ebay software chose not to ask you again, today.. or for a while... but that doesn't necessarily mean they will never ask again... and then you could find that your snipes fail as a result.
41-1101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: I can log now! Reply with quote

pb resolved
thanks Laughing
asal2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: cannot sign into gixen anymore Reply with quote

I am now getting the same gixen message too

tried to do what gixen says to do but none of the windows displayed are comming up anyway

tried it on google chrome as well but anyway I cant even understand the instructions so pretty impossible to get it right knowing how ocd u have to be to do it

signed out and in of ebay no problems but never got any questions as the other poster mentioned so stumped
asal2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would rejoining gixen help if I cant figure how to do the sequence for firefox or chrome?

but cant even find a sign up new member box anyway?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you are talking about the instructions for setting up the Gixen Socks Proxy?

If so, Mario has stated, elsewhere, that using that is unlikely to help, these days, in any case.

There is certainly no need to register a different Ebay account with Gixen, that would definitely be my very last resort.

Currently it is best to wait it out, Ebay rarely impose any sanctions for longer than a day or so.. so long as you continue to get your credentials correct whenever you log into their site.

If however you experience problems for more than a a day then the next step is to email Mario direct at the support address give on the 'Contact' tab above, including in the email your Ebay id, but not your password. He is usually able to get back to you within a couple of days.
pau00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Another common reason for Gixen login failure Reply with quote

Another common reason for Gixen login failure is eBay requesting account verification (rather than a captcha). A solution is as follows:
Open a new tab IN THE SAME BROWSER. Go to ebay.com. Sign out, then try to sign back in. EBay will ask a security question + send a verification code to your email or phone. Answer the question, enter the code, and confirm contact information to complete the login. Stay logged in to eBay. Go back to Gixen tab (IN THE SAME BROWSER) and try loging in to Gixen again -- it should work now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I welcome your contribution pau00, but perhaps it isn't wise to post it on all threads that touch on this subject.

Please be aware that as Mario has pointed out, many times the block placed on an account is also associated with a particular IP address... what that means is that you may find you can log in perfectly OK at one location, say your home, but still experience difficulties when trying to access Ebay from somewhere else, say on your Mobile phone network.. or, more pertinent to this discussion perhaps from the Gixen server(s).

The solution you are proposing only has significance in cases where Ebay has imposed a global blockage on an account, from all locations, which certainly can happen when further verification is required, however that isn't always going to be the case when Gixen detects a verification request, unfortunately.
zzzzliver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem today. Couldn't login gixen, but the same username and password worked with eBay.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please wait an hour, then try again. Use a desktop browser if possible. If that doesn't work, please email me and include your username.
tradecentre11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: LOG IN Reply with quote

[quote="mario"]Please wait an hour, then try again. Use a desktop browser if possible. If that doesn't work, please email me and include your username.[/quot

I am also having the same issue, I have waited over an hour and same issue, I can still log into ebay directly, so looks like a Gixen issue.
damoor25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Cannot Log in Reply with quote

Seems to be a transient problem. I was locked out for an hour with wrong password. Seems to be working now. I changed nothing.
chromeoptimism

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cannot Log in Reply with quote

damoor25 wrote:
Seems to be a transient problem. I was locked out for an hour with wrong password. Seems to be working now. I changed nothing.

Same here except that after one hour I still can't log in.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mario posted above...

If this problem is persistent for your Ebay id, please revert to emailing him at the support address given on the Contact tab above, and include your Ebay id in that email.
victorkiam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: I'm having the same problem Reply with quote

My ebay ID is victorkiam. I logged into ebay with no hassle, I wasn't asked to provide extra checks or anything, my password hasn't changed for a while, it's a strong password, I'm using Chrome on my home PC where all my passwords are correctly stored and it's impossible to mistype them....but Gixen said my password is wrong and it's locked me out for too many incorrect login attempts.
murraymatzner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Can't logon Reply with quote

EBay is confirming information today. Logging in there is stopped by questions confirming contact information. Once those are answered, log in can proceed, and Gixen login problem is also fixed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victorkiam,

It is now quite common to be blocked from logging into Ebay from one location (perhaps the Gixen server) but able to log in from another (perhaps your home computer).

Gixen only checks back with Ebay when you attempt to log in with a password that is different from the one you successfully used last on Gixen.

So in order to get locked out you must either have got your password wrong or have changed it since your last successful login to Gixen.

For these reasons I'd urge you to check back with Ebay direct that you are entering the correct credentials, and then when logging into Gixen type the whole of your credentials from scratch.

Now that Ebay has refused your login via the Gixen server you may find that Ebay continues to block you from doing so for about a day in any case, so it might be wise to wait until tomorrow before trying anything new.

If all else fails please revert to contacting Mario direct vi email at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above, and please include your Ebay id in such emails.

Yes murraymatzner,

As I've recommended elsewhere, if Ebay ever prompts you for extra information I advise you to enter it as soon as possible, otherwise if Gixen does encounter it it won't be able to proceed any further with entering your snipes for you.
stugtz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: can't login Reply with quote

proxi-angel wrote:
Hello, I can't login. Gixen says:

Password is not a match. Could not log you in.

eBay refused your password. Please check the following:

I checked logout and login again, on ebay. It works well except that when I login it asks me to fill in some stupid questions/answers...for extra security.
I really don't think that the answer of question what was my first car is more secure than 15 symbols randomly generated password. So I always skip this.
calhubler2012

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: can't log in Reply with quote

I'm one of the many that can't log into Gixen today. There is no problem logging into ebay and no ebay password has changed in months and I'm an active user.
As suggest as a work-around was to use the Desktop Manager, but now that is frozen and doesn't allow any more snipes. There must be a limit.
I don't have the time to wait 2 hours. I have to be somewhere else.
What is the solution?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you that it's not universal... I can log in to Gixen and have won many auctions today as a result of its actions.
Jestep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another can't log in. Have been using gixen for about a decade as well. None of my accounts will work with gixen. I logged out and back in and did the verification on ebay, have tried from my home and office networks, I even changed the passwords on all of them.
iykim1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Can't login: Too many failed login attempts Reply with quote

I can't log in to Gixen today either. I tried to log in a few hours ago, but I got the "too many failed login attempts" error, when I tried to log in the FIRST time. So I waited a few hours to see if I could log in after the suspension time expired. Same problem: With just one attempt at logging into Gixen, I get the same error. So, I logged out of eBay, wiped out the browser history, and exited the browser (FireFox). And I relaunched the browser, logged into eBay with the same password, and no problem logging into eBay. But Gixen still won't let me login. I have several swipes that I need to enter for auctions that end in a couple of hours. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Innie
baldyrox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same. for over 3 days this time. last time it was almost 4 days before it magically started allowing me to log in.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldyrox,

As shown on the Gixen front page there are currently over six and a half thousand Gixen users that have pending snipes. So problems with logging in can extend to quite a few users before it is even statistically significant.

It is unusual for Ebay to block you for more than a day... so, if after examining your own activity you can't think of an explanation, then, as I've recommended many times, it is best to revert to contacting Mario direct at the support address give on the 'Contact' tab above, always including your Ebay id in such emails. Only Mario can look behind the scenes to see what specifically is happening with your account.
Dajoca

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Gixen fails to login. Ebay password correct Reply with quote

I've had this same issue for the last few days.

Gixen throws an ebay login error message, but if I click on the home tab, then copy the password field and paste it back, then login, it all works fine.

The username and password are correct for logging in to ebay directly

Will this stop my only active bid from being submitted tomorrow?

User fartooserious

I am using chrome, so I will reset it to defaults, just in case it's a browser issue.
fartooserious

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Login problems Reply with quote

My Gixen account is now always failing to log me in on the first attempt (with verified ebay details, until I copy and paste the password back in).

As the item I'm bidding on is ending in a few hours, does anyone know if the servers auto bid will fail, as presumably it's using the same login details?
Fartooserious

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Sorted? Reply with quote

Possibly sorted, (though it's never been a problem prior to this).

I use FVD speed dial and when I go to Gixen, it always shows the same session ID and fails to login.

If I go back to the home page and do it manually, I can successfully log in and bid.
everklier

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: can't login also Reply with quote

can't login on either of my ebay accounts. i logged in and out on ebay without issues. must be a gixen problem.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change your eBay password anyway and you should be able to log in to Gixen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.