Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Account suspended

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Account suspended Reply with quote

I'm getting an account suspended error message. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay User ID: shadowxdrago
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is due to your credentials not being accepted then the ban is automatically lifted after an hour.

If you are certain that you have been entering the correct credentials, leave it 24 hours before trying again. In that case, it is probably Ebay preventing you from logging in from a remote location. They usually lift such restrictions after about a day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If it is due to your credentials not being accepted then the ban is automatically lifted after an hour.

If you are certain that you have been entering the correct credentials, leave it 24 hours before trying again. In that case, it is probably Ebay preventing you from logging in from a remote location. They usually lift such restrictions after about a day.

Thank you!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

baldyrox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: same issue Reply with quote

i too have now been suspended for 1hour from a PROPER ID/PW as i even logged out/in to ebay with no issues.

then you ask folks to wait 24hrs because ebay thinks it could be seeing a remote location. im in the same location i use everyday for ebay. im going to lose an important auction for myself thanks to this not working properly.

great customer support
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hours suspension imposed by Gixen is to protect your Ebay account from having more serious action take by Ebay to prevent anyone from accessing it, permanently, until rectified by you verifying your account with them, possibly even involving calling their them on the phone.

The measures are taken by Ebay often if you get your password wrong more than once, or change your location radically... This is not something that Gixen can change, if Ebay choose to impose sanctions on your account all that can be done is wait for them to be lifted. The advice given, here and elsewhere, is in order to help you prevent it happening too often.

As a service Gixen also has no option but to log in via a location that is remote from your home computer, the location that Ebay most likely has associated with your account.

Once you know that action has been taken by Ebay to prevent your account logging in via the Gixen servers, you can still bid manually directly on Ebay.

Personally, I set up my snipes some days in advance of the auctions ending, I don't leave it till the last day.
baldyrox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

point is being missed.

I was on ebay, searching, have not had any login issues with ebay for YEARS. i saw an auction i wanted to win.

loaded up gixen and hit login. as my login/pw has not changed in YEARS and I have used Gixen several times, why would it lock me out with a correct login/PW??

tried the desktop application. same shit with different errors. 101, no world location, etc.

this tells me gixen is not working with good login/pw
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All suspensions expire after only an hour.

Unfortunately correct login can occasionally be rejected if ebay inserts captcha. When that happens please use a desktop browser and try after an hour. After you log in you can use GDM or smartphone again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.