Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bid missed because eBay required verification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topqualityx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: bid missed because eBay required verification Reply with quote

So eBay seems to be targeting Gixen's IP addresses for verification. I switched my LAN to run through Gixen's IP address as you suggested - and I still have requests for verification, in fact I get 3 through the steps to place a bid. But if I switch to a different browser on my computer using my home's IP address, there is no problem logging in or manually placing a bid.

What solution do you have to make your service viable given eBay is now much more aggressively requiring verification codes when bids are placed from your IP address?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a question that Mario is best place to answer, however, I do know that he does have measures in place to combat this threat...

He may, however, not be willing to make all the details public, in the way you might hope, since I suspect that some of them might be commercially sensitive.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topqualityx,

eBay's algorithms and criteria that determine when captchas are inserted are almost certainly very complicated - I cannot say that I figured it out completely. I have a pretty good sense how to avoid events such as this one most of the time, but not always.

Using proxy does not help much any longer - there is little you can do from your side, most of the measures are such that I have to take them.

Things are now back to normal, please let me know if you still experience this problem.
microshnik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happening still (or again). I've missed two snipes today because a verification code was required, the first of which ended at Jan-25-17 13:25:19 PST. I tried going through the proxy to place a bid in hopes of appeasing it, but instead I had to enter a verification code at every step. It renders eBay quite useless when *every* server hit -- full page load or AJAX callback -- triggers one, so I certainly won't be doing any browsing via the proxy!

I subscribed a couple months ago to get all the other features and support this great product, but I'm extremely reluctant to use the mirror system for fear that it's actually contributing to this very problem. So how does this issue effect the Mirror service? If I get that failure on Main/Chicago, will it cancel the corresponding snipe on Mirror/Miami? Have subscribers reported Miami being blocked the same way? I know subscribers can force snipes to just Chicago by using groups, but if Miami is unaffected is there any way to schedule snipes there only?

Sorry for all the questions -- trying to fumble my way to a solution. Wink
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

microshnik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just now I had a snipe go through fine, so maybe it's working again. Smile

I'd still appreciate having answers to my earlier questions. Thanks in advance!
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated elsewhere, the proxy doesn't appear to help anyone any more... and should be disabled from your browser, it might be useful to a minority of users, and that is probably why Mario has not yet disabled it completely. In your case it is more likely to prolong the problem as opposed to reduce the effects of Ebays blocking algorithms.

I haven't seen the Mirror having any of these issues, as yet... and there have been no reports from others on here either.... of course Mario may know different, but he has never mentioned a problem of this type with the Mirror either. The Mirror operates from an entirely different facility, with completely different unrelated IP addresses from the Main server.

When Mirrored snipes are blocked by Ebay on the Main server, the snipes are only cancelled on the Main server, they stay live on the Mirror. This is the only way that results in snipes only being scheduled on the Mirror though, it is not currently possible for you to schedule a snipe only to the Mirror server.
tio200

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: EBAY IP VERIFICATION Reply with quote

There is no consistency with the problems encountered with ebay verification methods or protocols. i have changed my IP address several times over the last week, it seems to clear up and speed my system,, and still all of my GIXEN bids went through, sometimes in the past I would get the notification that EBAY verification requests have timed out. It is just something that happens. No rhyme or reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.