Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen bidding too early?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
design460

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Gixen bidding too early? Reply with quote

I've been using Gixen for years and have been generally happy with its performance. However, I've been noticing that Gixen has been submitting its bids too early—sometimes as much as 40-50 seconds before the auction close. As a result, I have been losing some auctions. Any ideas?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not something that anyone has ever reported before, you are the first.

Can you provide auction ids of example snipes where you have noticed this happening, so that it can be looked into further ?
desgin460

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Early snipes Reply with quote

Really? I wasn't aware that would be an anomaly. I'll try to figure out which snipes they were. As far as I can recall, I happened to be watching the snipe live, looking at an open eBay window, and I believe Gixen issued a bid about 50 seconds too early. I'll try and re-check my facts/memory as best I can. Thank you for your prompt reply!
design460

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Perhaps . . . Reply with quote

Since no one has reported this occurring previously, perhaps it was just a one-time (or very rare) occurrence. Perhaps an unusual latency issue somewhere.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Perhaps . . .

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 10 years I have never seen 50-second early snipe being submitted by Gixen. Early on, there were a few that happened an hour early until daylight savings issue was properly resolved. But 50 second - never.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.