Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

image doens't match item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ball

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: image doens't match item Reply with quote

Hey. The image in the preview doesn't match the item, but rather is the first image from the "People who viewed this item also viewed" list.
Bamboid1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Image not matching item Reply with quote

201705393546[/b]
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't reproduce that problem... but I'm sure it does happen sometimes when the image is not available on Ebay at the time you add the snipe.
celestial04072

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: image doesnt match item Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with multiple items & from different sellers. the item # is correct & when clicking on the item # via my scheduled bid list it does bring me to the correct item but the photo is of a different item sometimes the item is of another item from the same seller, or is of an advertised item in the section "People Were Also Interested In" & I have one item with a photo that I don't know where it came from. I'm not sure how to post photos here as I have a screen shot showing the item with different photo pictured. I have at least 6 items with this issue. I first noticed it yesterday & thought was an isolated issue but realize today it isn't. This is some examples of my items I'm having trouble with I can send more if need be. A. is the correct item # & B. is the item number that is pictured. *Note # 1 A&B are with same seller & #2 A&B are not same seller if that matters?? Please let me know if you need any other info? Thanks

1. A. eBay item number:311733824725
B. eBay item number:311733659786

2 A. eBay item number:311729707389
B. eBay item number:381832221654
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: image doesnt match item

celestial04072

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: image doesnt match item Reply with quote

(Continued) it's doing it for every new item I add I just added 4 more bids & it added different pic for all... It's now confusing as some items I'm actually bidding on both items only they are flip flopped... I'm hesitant to add any other bids until I can resolve this. Also the problem happens both by adding item # manually to gixen or using the Add to gixen firefox add on thinggy directly from ebay in case that matters. Sorry for not including that above.
hland2000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here - it's picking the wrong thumbs image.
okdk49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing is happening to me tonight, Sunday Nov 05. Wrong image is showing on Gixen. When I click on the listing on Gixen it goes to the correct listing on ebay. I assume the bids will be on the correct item.
Barrelhouse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem. Never happened before this week.
microshnik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at this. Note that this does not affect sniping at all, it's a convenience thing.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fixed now. You may have to edit your snipes in order for the correct image to show up. Again, this does not affect sniping.
celestial04072

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: image doesnt match item Reply with quote

Thank You soooo much for taking care of this so quickly!
marc_5891

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: It's happening again... Reply with quote

...as of 2016-11-06.

It's more than convenience. It is an annoyance.

Please have a look into it again.

m.
marc_5891

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but part of my previous message was in the Subject:

"It is happening... ...again as of 2016-11-06."

m.
microshnik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happening again, but now it's showing eBay's stupid advertising banner -- "Prep Your Home for Joy". >_<
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you let us know what site you have set as your Target on the Gixen settings page.

Knowing this could well help track down the issue slightly more quickly.
microshnik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My settings are targeting the US site. This issue is very rare now; I just imported 89 items from my Watch List and only one of them had the wrong image (the ad again).
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has always happened occasionally.

Particularly when the seller has no image, or uses non standard methods of displaying them on Ebay.

If you would like Mario to look at it in more detail please provide example auction numbers where it isn't working as you expect it to.
marc_5891

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't reproduce the wrong image issue with item 332023681099.

However, I have my target set to be the UK site... What is yours set to be on the Gixen Settings page ?
marc_5891

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA.
m.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I changed my target to the USA... unfortunately that didn't allow me to reproduce the issue either... it still shows the main image for me.

The auction will end soon, and the auction page changes after completion so it won't be a true test after that.

So, if you get back here before completion (and not with 5 minutes of the end, or you risk cancelling your snipe and not replacing it in time with a replacement), can I ask you to edit that snipe, perhaps even change the amount by a cent, and see if the issue is resolved as a result.

Also, did you perhaps schedule this snipe before Mario made his latest changes as he reported above ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.