Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

not bidding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
balintmolnar16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: not bidding Reply with quote

It seems Gixen did not bid on an item, even though the snipe was set up in advance

item id: 391584166828

thank you
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen give this snipe both on the Main and Mirror tabs, after the auction had finished?
balintmolnar16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: not bidding Reply with quote

status (Main): scheduled
status (Minor): N/A
balintmolnar16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: not bidding Reply with quote

Please disregard this issue,

I think there has been a problem with my credentials,

I think I mistyped my password... I was too confident because it accepted my credentials right away

are you planning to add a feature, where Gixen validates the credentials, so the user would be aware if they are incorrect?

Thank you
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: not bidding

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you log in for the first time, or you change your credentials, Gixen does check them with Ebay.

What makes you think Gixen has accepted invalid credentials?

'Scheduled' means Gixen still plans to place a bid when the auction has not yet completed. Are you claiming that an auction that has finished still has that status?

Do you not have a Mirror subscription or was this snipe a part of a Group?
balintmolnar16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that is weird then,

I am pretty sure I entered wrong credentials at first, because the keyboard language was changed, and I didn't receive any error messages, also was able to create snipes.

yes, when the bid ended, the status was still scheduled, and if I checked eBay the item finished without any bids,
now I cannot see them because I corrected my credentials, and the snipes vanished

I do not have a subscription, do I need a one in order for the tool to work?

also, I didn't set a group for the items

nevertheless, I will try again, and make some screenshots as well
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain how things work. In order to avoid too many login requests sent to eBay, Gixen saves hash of the last successful password and checks future logins against it.

If you change your ebay password, you can still login to Gixen with the old password only until you log in for the first time with the new password.

You cannot, however, ever log in with the password that was never a correct one. The only so-called "window" in which you can have snipes scheduled with an incorrect password is if they are scheduled with an old ebay password.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.