Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitehugger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1) Reply with quote

Item no. 112082570
Hi there, I got the login timeout error on the above item bid earlier. I've tried manually logging in and know I have the correct password, and also successfully put in a manual bid. I have had an issue in the past where ebay have messed me around because of signing in from different computers. What do you think is happening here?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not generally indicate an account or credential issue.

Are you sure that is the auction number?... I can not find it and it appears not to be a long enough number.

Did you get that status both on the Main and the Mirror tabs?
kitehugger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, item number was 112082570019, I copied only part of the number Embarassed
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and that status was on both tabs?

If it was only on one it could just be one of the about 1 in 300 failures that are expected on a single server.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject:

kitehugger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately I'm only on the main server; I've considered paying for the mirror service, but I've only been outbid once (kinda ironic if it turned out I was outbid by gixen mirror!), the main server is normally about as reliable as I need.
Should I find something to bid on to make sure there isn't a problem?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is your only failure and it is only on the Main then I would just put that down to bad luck, on this one...

If you find that more than about 1 in 200 snipes are failing without using the Mirror then it might warrant looking at a bit closer... but you should expect a higher failure rate if you don't wish to pay the $6 per year, that was the reason that the Mirror service was set up.

FYI, since it is yourself that bids from both servers it is impossible for a Mirror account to cause you to pay more than just having one server bid for you... Ebay does not allow you to outbid yourself in the same way that different Ebay accounts can.
sno-kone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1) Reply with quote

I also received the error msg, EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1), for item 172348755864. The msg was only shown on the main site, not on the mirror. However the mirror failed to bid as well.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status that Gixen gave the snipe on the Mirror tab?

Last edited by Cupid on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1) Reply with quote

I didn't see any status given on the Mirror page for this item.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must have had some status if it was run on the Mirror.

Is it now deleted from the Mirror, so is that why you now have no status for it?

Or was this a Grouped snipe that was thus not run on the Mirror?
Barrelhouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be happening with much greater frequency. My last 3 bids were all Timeout Errors on the main server, but all 3 bids were made by the Mirror server.

All the bids ended at different times, so it wasn't the multiple-bids-ending-at-the-same-second issue. I'm wondering if there is an issue with the Main server.

Item #s:

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrelhouse,

I imagine that your target on the Gixen settings page is set to be the US .com site for both Main and Mirror, is that correct?
Barrelhouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Chicago and Miami.

The Main server appears to be working again. But 3 failed bids in a row (with a 1 in 300 error rate) = a 1 in 27 million chance of occurring randomly, so there's probably another issue...
kristoff56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: LOGIN TIMEOUT Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If this is your only failure and it is only on the Main then I would just put that down to bad luck, on this one...

If you find that more than about 1 in 200 snipes are failing without using the Mirror then it might warrant looking at a bit closer... but you should expect a higher failure rate if you don't wish to pay the $6 per year, that was the reason that the Mirror service was set up.

FYI, since it is yourself that bids from both servers it is impossible for a Mirror account to cause you to pay more than just having one server bid for you... Ebay does not allow you to outbid yourself in the same way that different Ebay accounts can.

This is not bad luck, as you justify themselves.
I had the same problem: 182309547777- EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1)
I was at the computer and not bid manually. Because I believe in Gixen. But it did not work. I lost valuable deal. What I pay Gixen after it did not work. Damn it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I responded to this in the other email thread. It seems that there was an ebay outage that lasted around half an hour or so. All requests were timing out during that time, both from main and mirror.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.