Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

initial approvals to bid and Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
External Auctions on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: initial approvals to bid and Gixen Reply with quote

I wanted to place a bid on item #331978524907

Bidding required initial approval, which I received. Unfortunately when I enter the bid in Gixen I get a message reading:

[b:2d7a33f646]This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed.[/b:2d7a33f646]

The item gets added to my list of snipes, but its status is shown as "ENDED" The auction ends 3 days from now.

Would Gixen place my bid? My guess is it will not.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it isn't going to place that bid, Gixen thinks that auction is completed because there is no end time.

In fact, it may even delete your snipe before that auction takes place because it only keeps snipes for a few days after it thinks the auction finished.

I have never seen this before, is it a feature that Ebay has introduced recently ?

Mario will need to look into whether it could be made to work... but the page appears to operate completely differently to a regular auction, at least in the initial phases so it would take a lot of development work, even if it were to prove a possibility.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a live auction on which users are able to bid through eBay. There is no end time, as this is a live auction. Gixen can't bid on these, it's a totally different thing than a regular ebay auction.
julesjelev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
This is a live auction on which users are able to bid through eBay. There is no end time, as this is a live auction. Gixen can't bid on these, it's a totally different thing than a regular ebay auction.

Thanks guys!

I am not sure I even understand how this live auction works. Apparently the event starts tomorrow at 1:30PM, but how long it lasts and how bids entered through Ebay will be treated is not very clear.

Perhaps Gixen could be made to place bids for me based on the starting date and time + some delay period chosen by me? (as opposed to the ending time which in this case is not specified). Still I do not know is Ebay increment rules will apply.

I guess I will have to place a manual bid on this one and see how it works.
Very Happy
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you will have to wait for the auction house to make it live before it will even accept bids... and even then it may not accept proxy bids, you may have to make multiple incremental bids as the price rises.

How you get informed the auction has started, I have no idea.

It would be interesting if you could report back what the function is, from the Ebay side, after the event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.