Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Group bids cancelled afer one win

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Group bids cancelled afer one win Reply with quote

But I have multi-win enable. Or at least I think I do! What's going on?

http://www.imgur.com/a/Zisf4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried posting a screenshot, but website links aren't allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contingency is disabled, multi-win is enabled. With wins set to 30. But after I won one, it cancelled all the rest?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have 30 wins enabled on the group that you assigned these snipes to?

For instance you result could be explained by having a 30 win Group as Group 1 but assigning the snipes to Group 2 which perhaps is only set to win 1.

Also do you have a Mirror subscription?... Without that I wouldn't think that the multi win function would ever be activated.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a mirror subscription(it's letting me upload CSV files).

All of my groups were set to 20 and 30. Nothing set to 1. Not sure why they were ending at 1. 4 groups did the same thing.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see, having enabled your link which I should have done earlier.

OK, here is another random thought... when did you update these settings... was it before or after you set up the actual snipes?

I believe that it is the settings that are current when the snipe is added that are acted upon no matter what you change the settings to at a later stage.

Yet another thought... I don't recall anyone saying that they had tested this with CSV imports, I certainly haven't... It might mean you have to edit the snipes via the web interface before the settings take effect... If that were the case I would regard it as a fault in the implementation of the multi win feature that should be corrected.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the settings before I uploaded the files. Which brings me to this question... when I upload a CSV to Gixen, how does Gixen know that the group numbers I have listed are for multi-win groups and not just normal "cancel after 1 win" groups?

Am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure I've used this feature this exact same way with success...
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the addition to my post crossed with your reply to it.

I would recommend doing the edits to the snipes, without actually changing any of the values... I know that is a pain, and potentially very time consuming, but it would confirm the hypothesis that it is the fact that the snipes are added via CSV that is the difference causing the issue.

Other than that I think we now need some input from Mario to confirm whether or not we have identified where the issue lies, or not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit the snipes in what way?

Even if I was adding them via the web interface, how do I distinguish between regular groups, mutli-win, and contingency?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mean is... in the web interface push the 'Edit' button next to each snipe in turn, followed by the 'Modify' button in each case, without changing any values. That will get the snipes to take account of the current settings.

When purely using the web interface (so I'm not talking about uploads now), the regular groups are converted into multi win groups, when you have enabled that feature, as you have already done.

When you enable Contingency Groups you get a whole load more Groups in your drop down menu that you can select if you wish to use that type of Group... I suspect that the csv format does not support contingency groups either... but I don't think you are seeking to use those via uploads, are you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to manually "edit" some like you say, to see what effect it has.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... it started deleting them. Saying "Could not add, you have another snipe ending at the same time."

All I did was click Edit, then Modify. And that notice would pop up in red letters at the top of the screen. and it deletes the listing I was trying to modify.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's still deleting my other snipes in the group after 1 win.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine you mean its still cancelling after you win?

I have no more ideas at present. I think we need input from Mario.

For a quicker response you might want to email him direct at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above. Please include your Ebay id in any such emails. It might also be an idea to point him at this thread to avoid having to give the whole story again.

It would be perfect if, once resolved, you could also provide us with an update on this thread.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please let me know what your ebay username is? I want to see what exactly happened here, whether it's a bug on Gixen's side or something else. You can email me if you don't want it posted in the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you an email. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.