Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My maximum amount is being used not the bid increment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidhufl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: My maximum amount is being used not the bid increment Reply with quote

I had success with gixen in the past but for my last two snipes i noticed that gixen/ebay is using my maximum bid amount as my bid, not the incremental bid over the last bid.
awesomescreenshot.com/05063vws53
You can see that my bid should have been $675 rather it is my maximum bid which is $720
A bit confused although i lost on both auctions. ebay item # 122093408558
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always has been your maximum bid that is used.

If no one else bids nearly as much as you then, Ebay only ever makes you pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder. However if they do bid close to your maximum you may have to pay that much.

This is the way it has to be, and is not a disadvantage to you.

You do not know how much someone else has already bid, or is about to bid, until after you bid has been placed on Ebay.

You should always be prepared to pay as much as your snipe bid if that is what is necessary to win the auction.
sidhufl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean my first bid was entered as $675 and was incremented up to $720 ? You can see that there are no other bids between $665 and $720

Cupid wrote:
It always has been your maximum bid that is used.

If no one else bids nearly as much as you then, Ebay only ever makes you pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder. However if they do bid close to your maximum you may have to pay that much.

This is the way it has to be, and is not a disadvantage to you.

You do not know how much someone else has already bid, or is about to bid, until after you bid has been placed on Ebay.

You should always be prepared to pay as much as your snipe bid if that is what is necessary to win the auction.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a reserve set on these auctions? If your bid matched or was higher than the reserve price the bid automatically goes to the reserve price.

IE: If the current bid on an item is, say, $250.00, the reserve is $500.00, and you bid $600.00 your bid will automatically go to $500.00 - not $260.00. That will happen if you place the bid directly on the ebay site or if Gixen does it for you. You need to be mindful of this when bidding on any auction with a reserve set.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidhufl wrote:
Does that mean my first bid was entered as $675 and was incremented up to $720 ? You can see that there are no other bids between $665 and $720

Nevermind - I looked. The previous bidder obviously had a higher bid than your $720.00 - by all of $5.00 - so I'm not sure what your concern is. If you had placed that bid of $720.00 on the eBay site or done it via Gixen you would have had the same end result: Your max bid in this case of $720.00 would have been immediately placed against a previous proxy tthat was already higher than yours. That's the way it always works if there is a higher outstanding proxy bid at the time your bid is placed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no reserve on this particular auction.

Yes, as I and Rickajho explained your one and only bid was entered as $720... this has always been the case and always will be.

You will only ever pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder was prepared and able to bid, that is because of the way Ebay bidding works (and, again, always has done so) it has nothing to do with Gixen, though, of course, that is why Gixen has been deigned and implemented to do what it does.

Your question stems from a wrong assumption of what Gixen does, and why it does it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.