Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

WHEN CHANGING EBAY PASSWORDS WHY DID ALL OF MY BIDS CEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tio200

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: WHEN CHANGING EBAY PASSWORDS WHY DID ALL OF MY BIDS CEASE Reply with quote

I have been having problems with my ebay accounts. Too many saved password on CHROME as well as Google has caused conflicts. Now all of my scheduled bids have disappeared when I deleted my saved password. Chrome has GIXEN under the category of NEVER SAVED. Do I have to start over again and create a new Ebay password and leave the saved GOOGLE password as wel las the CHROME saved passwords blank?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen does not need your browser or it settings at all. It submits your bids from its' own servers without referring back to your computer. It does however need to use the credentials that you use to log in here in order to subsequently log into Ebay to place the bid at the end of the auction.

Gixen does save your snipes with a primary key that contains both your id and your password. Your credentials are not stirred separately from the snipes, this is deliberate, so that once the snipes are deleted Gixen does not even retain enough information to log into your account on Ebay.

If you change either your id or your password, when you log in again with your new credentials, Gixen will not find the snipes you set up with the old ones. The old credentials will fail those snipes that you set up with them since they are no longer valid with Ebay.

So yes, you need to set up all your snipes with valid credentials every time you change them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.