Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sign in information is not valid.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leidy75

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: Sign in information is not valid. Reply with quote

item 262098555918

Hi,

After the auction ended, I checked to see if I had won and found only a 'sign in information is not valid' on my Gixen account, so obviously, I didn't even have the opportunity to bid. I haven't had any message from eBay about any problems (your post about how to fix this problem assumes that I've received an 'unauthorised access' email) and I really don't know how to fix it or what the problem is. I did change my eBay password earlier in the week and had to wait 24 hours or so before I could log in to Gixen with my new password, but there was no indication that there should have been any further difficulty.

Hope you can help!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are logging in to Gixen with exactly the same credentials as you use to log in to Ebay that is indeed an odd result.

Before going any further please take a minute to check that again. Logging in to Ebay and to Gixen from scratch, not taking any browser provided defaults, so typing in the whole of your Ebay id and password to log in to both sites.

Once you have confirmed that you can do that, it is best to resort to email for issues that relate to your personal credentials, since Mario may have to provide advice specifically related to you. For security reasons, it would be best not to try to do that on an open forum like this.

Mario can be contacted direct at the support email address given on the 'Contact' tab above, in any emails please provide your Ebay id, you may also wish to refer back to this thread,. Never put passwords in emails though, that medium is not secure enough for that.
alyt2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Cant login to Gixen Reply with quote

Im having the same problem with intermittent results have tried 10 times on 2 different browsers and managed to login in once on the 6th attempt but when i went back to add anther snip i cant bet back in.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leidy75,

There is no doubt that this snipe was scheduled with an incorrect password. If you email me I can provide you with ebay's response page.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alyt2005,

Not being able to log in was not the main subject of this thread. Having snipes fail with an incorrect credentials error was what the first post was primarily about.

For your issue, I would recommend leaving it for a while as the OP did when they changed their password earlier this week.. Often these measures are temporarily imposed by Ebay against accounts... especially if credentials have recently been changed on Ebay.

If the problem persists for more than a day, or so, then I recommend reverting to the email route, so that any issues that might be specific to your account can be discussed in relative privacy.
yokoono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Password is not a match. Could not log you in. Reply with quote

I am having trouble logging in to Gixen. I entered the same values in Gixen's "eBay username" and "eBay Password" controls as I do on eBay.

I am not allowing auto-fill to complete these for me.

I have tried it on IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

I can successfully log into eBay.

Please advise.

Thanks.

SJS
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yokoono/SJS,

I am assuming that you are using a Windows based PC for these tests, and trying to log in via the web interface here?

For issues with credentials it is best to use email, since, obviously for security reasons, specific details related to your account can not be openly discussed on an open forum like this one.

Mario can be contacted directly via the support email address given on the 'Contact' tab above. Please always include your Ebay id in any emails, but never include your password, since email is not secure enough for that.
23jessicas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: me, too Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. I'm certain that I am entering my username and password correctly, but I'm getting the "wrong password" error. I can log in to eBay just fine, but I can't even get to my account in gixen.
Denise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: I am having the same problem - credentials refused Reply with quote

I haven't changed my eBay password in ages and I am getting the credentials refused error. I went through the steps and connected to the proxy server but I have no problems logging into eBay itself. I placed & won a manual bid a few minutes ago.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your username. I noticed this issue lately with quite a few users, and have a solution for it, but you need to email me.
salieri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: impossibile to login gixen Reply with quote

hello

also for me itīs impossibile to login gixen. tells me, the password is invalid.
i have tried it with 4 browsers! no chance!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salieri,

As advised by Mario above please email him at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above.

Please include your Ebay id in the email.
yokoono

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Password is not a match. Could not log you in. Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I am assuming that you are using a Windows based PC for these tests, and trying to log in via the web interface here?

Yes, I am using a Windows-based PC and trying to login via Gixen's standard web interface.

Per your and Mario's instructions, I have sent an email separately.

SJS
salieri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have already written an email to him
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salieri,

In that case please give him a fair chance to respond... it isn't possible for him to be at his computer waiting for people to report problems every hour of the day... He is usually able to respond within a day or so... after that time, if you still think he hasn't responded to you, I would first recommend checking your spam folder to ensure that the response has not somehow ended up there.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently eBay is occassionally refusing the very first login, even though credentials are correct. Several users reported this. I am looking into this - hopefully it's just a temporary issue on their end.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Apparently eBay is occassionally refusing the very first login, even though credentials are correct. Several users reported this. I am looking into this - hopefully it's just a temporary issue on their end.

Hi mario,

I use gixen and think its great! I tried sniping this item: 331682784206 but got the error "Verification code required by eBay, could not log in". Please keep us posted - would love to know if gixen is back up and working.

Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won an auction just a few minutes ago via a Gixen snipe... so I can assure you that it is working for some.. and I believe it must be for the vast majority otherwise we would be seeing much more activity here.

So, while it may not be working for you, it is possible to resolve the issues that Ebay occasionally has with certain accounts longing in via the Gixen servers.

Please follow any instructions that Gixen links you to in order to resolve the issue for your account... and if you don't have those instructions I recommend using email to contact Mario direct at the support address given on the Contact tab above. Please include your Ebay id in those communications.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having the same issue. My eBay password has not changed in years, but some Gixen snipes are failing with the above errors, and some are succeeding. This looks like another one of the intermittent problems that, hopefully, will resolve soon. It would be REALLY NICE if there was some way that Gixen could proactively notifiy users (banner?) so that we can take extra precautions when these things occur.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your username.
jillcccslp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID Reply with quote

Happening for me as well, already emailed you mu user info. You said it was cleared up, but it is not.
harami2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Same here today - not a change in password as I was at work at the time: carnage in the rejected snipes/lost auctions department unfortunately.

Auctions around Oct 27, 2015 , 1:07PM GMT; username as posted

381443574254 was definitely placed as that was OUTBID
381443580975 and 201452391285 may not have been placed as those were BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
then
201452423025 was "Sign in information is not valid."
followed by 201452426353, 201452432181, 381443720227, 201452454773, 381443740379, 381443771844, 231723784042 and 291594931816 all of which were "CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID" (all bar one finished under the snipe, therefore should have been a placed bid)

16 snipes placed for tomorrow relatively close tomorrow and when I'm not at home. Any suggestions...?
harami2000)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

(that was fun... bashed my head against "invalid captcha" for 10 minutes only to find out that message is generated by the forum if the subject line is left blank even if the captcha code is correct!)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some significant problems today. eBay was refusing completely valid logins. Things seem to have returned to normal now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the "CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID"'s will all have been automatically generated on Gixen by the one "Sign in information is not valid.".

This feature will have been introduced to protect your account from Ebay thinking that there were multiple hacking attempts being made on it when the password supplied to Gixen was not a match for the one at Ebay. In such circumstances Ebay has been known to take more permanent measures to block the account that are more difficult to circumvent than just providing the correct credentials again.

Of course, that action also helps to protect Gixen servers from Ebay thinking that hacking attempts are being launched from its' servers... any measures taken by Ebay against Gixen as a whole to prevent that sort of thing happening could, obviously, affect the whole of the Gixen community and prove very difficult to overcome.

Unfortunately, it makes things far worse in a situation where Ebay starts randomly rejecting perfectly valid log in credentials... Who would imagine that they would ever do that?... It is certainly the first time I have heard of it happening on any site, not just Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.