Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Adult Items?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicalMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Adult Items? Reply with quote

I'm now getting the following message on Adult Items:

Could not add this item (321436625xxx)(1, 3).
If this is an adult item, note that as of May 21st 2014, adding and sniping adult items functionality no longer works, due to eBay inserting multiple CAPTCHA images in order to view these listings. We are working on a solution for this.

As I've used Gixen for years to snipe adult items, and it's probably 30% of my snipes, I was wondering if there is a fix or workaround near? I've never encountered a CAPTCHA on eBay when surfing or bidding adult items manually. I lost an item yesterday that I badly wanted because I wasn't there to manually snipe.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried resolving this, but I don't have a solution yet. I haven't given up yet, but I need even more time.
MusicalMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Adult Items? Reply with quote

Thanks, Mario. Just still trying to figure out *why* Gixen is encountering the CAPTCHA when I have not. Perhaps due to server IP vs. regular user's or something? Or it 'likes' me because of a temporary cookie on my PC?

I do know they require a credit card on file, which I have.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IP has something to do with it, no doubt. And cookies do also - once you enter captcha a few times, you are no longer asked for it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

MusicalMan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no luck on the adult items? Does that mean probably not ever going to be able to find a solution?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually adding and sniping adult items now works for most users. Please email me and include your username and the item id that you tried to add.
time-travel_agency

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: 380983622536 Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Actually adding and sniping ***** items now works for most users. Please email me and include your username and the item id that you tried to add.

Actually, it has not worked for me in a month, per my previous posts. Today tried this item just to check. If this cannot be solved I may have to change strategy b/c one of these days there will be an item or group I really want, & I don't want to be w/o a plan.
Candor requested.
On Ebay 15 years I have seen many issues over ***** items [search glitches, paypal rules, etc etc] like someone is trying to be morality police. Previously they all go away eventually, but . . . .

PS to add to the aggro, if I try to use the five letter word *****, even in a quote, my post is blocked, but seems ok for others. ?? Count me not so happy. ...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me, and include the item number you are unable to add.
safe_stamper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Can't add a-dult items??? Reply with quote

Mario, I am back to getting a message about not being able to add A-dult items. As far as I have seen recently the snipes do work, but Gixen won't always let me add them. If I try a number of times to add sometimes it will work, but others not. I'll take my chances with gixen not working, if you can stop from doing that check??
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware of the problem, and still looking at it. The problem is not that Gixen chooses not to allow adding adult items, it's that request to get item details is blocked by captchas.
safe_stamper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the quick response!!! Reply with quote

Thank you for the info Mario!
It just accepted four in a row after failing many other attempts.

Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.