Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen didn't place my snipe bid...bummer!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldnoldies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Gixen didn't place my snipe bid...bummer! Reply with quote

I had used Gixen a couple of times successfully to place snipe bids, but this afternoon, it failed to place a bid for me! The item number was 231260089020, and although my maximum bid was $37.57, someone else got the item, and for only $27.66...that's a bummer! Needless to say, if Gixen can't be relied upon to place bids when I need it to, I'll just have to go back to esnipe.com, or some other sniping service, for my snipe bidding. So long, Gixen! Mad
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the status that Gixen gave your snipe after the auction had finished?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not that it matters now, but the status on that item/bid says "HTTP TIMEOUT (77)", so I guess your site did try to place the snipe bid, but for whatever reason, it timed-out. I've been using esnipe for years, and only had it not place a bid just once, that I can recall, and that was only because I had forgotten to update my password on their site, when I had changed my password on eBay. Ahh, well.. thanks.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldnoldies, timeouts are rare, but do happen. Every day. I have always been very clear about odds of something like that happening. No sniping service will guarantee 100% reliability from a single server. This is why mirror service exists.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS far as I can tell eSnipe is not a free service... if so, and you don't have a Mirror subscription here on Gixen ($6 per year), then I think you may not comparing like for like.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario & Cupid - okay, I was new to this site, and hadn't bought into the Mirror service yet, as I didn't realize how valuable it might be. But, now that I see that it places the same bid at least twice, and from different locations, I'll sign up for Mirror service, and give it another try.

You're right, though, Cupid, that eSnipe does charge, whenever you have a winning bid (one cent per dollar amount of your winning bid, with a minimum 25-cent fee per transaction, but you owe nothing, if you do not have the winning bid). On the other hand, they never fail to place the bid for you. I'm not sure if they use a Mirror-type service as well, but so far they have placed bids for me, successfully.

Anyway...I'm about to go and sign up for the Mirror service, and try another bid on an item that's closing soon, and see what happens! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.