Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager

View previous topic :: View next topic  
v-tecprostop1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Using Gixen via Gixen Desktop Manager. Would like to add you second server but I have a problem that needs straightened out first. In general I love this product. It has been working great until the last week. No user name changes and no password changes (everything shows up fine on Gixen.com interface). I just get Error 360 for (item #) on anything new I put up. No restriction on any of the listings that I can see. No recent software changes, basically nothing to explain my problem.

Current item numbers:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added these items to GDM 1.3.3, and get no issues. Did you get this error message as soon as you added items, or after a while?
v-tecprostop1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Yes it happens as soon as I post.
v-tecprostop1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Decided to try something, I deleted my copy of Gixen Desktop, re-downloaded, entered my info again and now it seems be working. I'll keep you posted if it happens again, a glitch maybe?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, I wish I could reproduce it. Quite a few error reports in the past few days related to GDM, and I cannot replicate any of them. Something may be going on, or it's a remarkable coincidence.
michaelwwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the same 'Error 360' on all snipes and there is no refresh of current prices in GDM.
michaelwwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reinstall has also fixed this for me. as with the OP.
v-tecprostop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Possible solution to this. To everyone having this problem, are you creating a desktop shortcut? I have been, rather than opening the folder and clicking on Gixen Desktop Manager. I have noticed that every day or so I get the 360 Error. I have had success with deleting the shortcut and creating a new one, and wa la - it works again! This still doesn't explain why it is happening, but at least, maybe you won't have to re-download or re-unzip the software every so often.

Mario, I hope this helps out some maybe with a fix?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the tip, however I am still not sure what the problem is. It seems to have appeared only recently, while no changes have been in software or on the Gixen backend side whatsoever. I am not sure if some Windows update may have caused it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know what 'Error 360' means?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked into the code - it means that the currency symbol was not found, which indicates some ebay changes. I am working on this.
v-tecprostop1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Error 360 on all items in Gixen Desktop Manager Reply with quote

One more piece to the puzzle, the one time the error 360 occurs consistently or I can make it happen at will, is after a shutdown and/or restart of my computer. And then I just do my prior solution, delete the shortcut and create a new one. Also I have been checking the offset (6 seconds) and sometimes it is coming in at 7-8 seconds. I also had an instance where my bid came in first (auction # 140680851687) yet another party came in second with the same bid ($50) and won the item. Now this may be an eBay issue but I just thought I would mention it.

Mario, I would like to talk to you more privately concerning setting up the mirror. Tech savvy stuff. Do you have a way for us to have a private thread or do you have an offline means to contact you? Obviously I don;t want to just throw an e-mail address and/or phone number up here, but I would like to talk to you more directly.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can contact Mario via email, the address is on the Contact tab above.

For the auction you mention the winner had already placed a bid of the same amount as yours, eBay rules mean that they won, had your bid been a penny higher you most likely would have won.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this error this morning when GDM tried to refresh prices. Nothing in High Bid field for any snipe (blank). Refresh Gixen Status would fetch from Gixen fine, then throw up 360 error when refreshing prices... No software changes on my side (W7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 - running GDM 1.3.3 as admin), I actively use HOSTS blocking and PeerBlock, have had to allow a couple of sites access through PB in the past to allow price refreshing. No site blocked this time, and enable/disable HOSTS made no difference. I decided to exit and restart GDM, now refreshing is fine!?! All I did was exit and restart GDM...

Ok, that was working, now I'm getting an "Error 281 on <item#>" when refreshing prices... High Bid field shows N/A... exit and restart, refresh Gixen status, same outcome... nada in High Bid fields... Exclamation

LOVE Gixen, LOVE GDM, Thanks Mario!!!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh Sad. I wish I were able to replicate the problem. I'll run GDM continuously for the next few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, did a little more digging, and found info that MIGHT be helpfull:

Set GDM to update every 15 seconds, then watched NetStat to see where GDM was going. Found 2 IPs it was accessing:

66.211.181.161: 80
66.211.180.16: 80

The connection would "hang" with the status of the connection listed as "SYN_SENT", but nothing else until timeout... While watching and trying to grab the address, I noticed an "Established" status on the latter address, and one of the two prices updated! Next cycle, the other one refreshed ?!?

HTH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS!!! Those IPs belong to ebay!?! Surprise, they seem to be having issues... Surprised
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are ebay IPs, and Gixen does not have them hardcoded - DNS is used to resolve them.

However, you gave me an idea what to do - to block outgoing traffic on one of the IPs and then see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I cache DNS queries, too! Smile I know ebay has been relocating JS and other item's locations in the past week, migrating out to other servers (that I then have to allow access to, mostly on DSL.net, Inc.). As I said before, no blocking of these addresses right now, seems to have been an ebay hang, which is currently working fine...

It seems that if GDM can't connect to check prices (like GDM running with no internet access for a while) it seems to just give up. Refreshing Gixen Status seems to wake it back up.

HTH
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
OOPS!!! Those IPs belong to ebay!?! Surprise, they seem to be having issues... Surprised

Correct, GDM does price updates itself, from user's desktop. This is why it is possible for updates to be as frequent - because they are not done from Gixen servers.

This can, however, cause issues - e.g. when ebay changes design of listings, a new release of GDM is needed.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Ahhh, I cache DNS queries, too! Smile

Yes, this might cause the issue, definitely. How do you cache DNS queries?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Acrylic DNS Proxy to cache queries... Yes it can cause issues sometimes, but not in this case... GDM is connecting to these address fine (right now!) and refreshing prices correctly. The "281" error before was when those IPs were hanging with SYN_SENT status, but the requests were still reaching the net, not being blocked locally, and do seem to be valid DNS entries (or it wouldn't be refreshing right now!)

Keep up the good work, Mario. Trying to stay one step ahead of eBay, or IN step for that matter, is a daunting task to say the least! Confused
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay can take servers out and back into the rotation in a matter of hours. They typically do that with DNS. So it's possible that this is sometimes causing the problem. I don't believe it's the main issue though.
fcsdafasd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: asdfasdf Reply with quote

Run as admin
Kel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes by using the shortcut it fixed my error.
Farhad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
GDM needs to load its DLLs. If you run the executable from any other place other than its folder then the DLL will not load and the high bid will not update.
You can either copy the DLLs to the Windows directory or add the GDM folder link to your path.
Regards,
Farhad
inventory

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reinstall Doesnt work Reply with quote

I tried to reinstall the software and launch it directly from the Gixen directory, but the Error Code 360 still comes up on the desktop software. It looks like the online version works fine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also getting 360 error on various machines, co-incidentally all are using XP. My Vista machine is fine however.

Could this be related to a recent XP windows update?

My solution is to delete and reinstall. I have the zip file in a Gixen named folder on my desktop and reinstall each day the error is experienced. And the error happens whether I use a shortcut or directly from the downloaded file. A chore but necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Reinstall Doesnt work Reply with quote

inventory wrote:
I tried to reinstall the software and launch it directly from the Gixen directory, but the Error Code 360 still comes up on the desktop software. It looks like the online version works fine.

Me too!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen Desktop Manager needs an update, as ebay changed the design of the listings. Please use the web interface in the meantime. Note that the snipes scheduled through GDM will still execute fine, it's only price update in the GDM that doesn't work, and this is purely user-convenience feature.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please download the latest version (1.3.6), just released to check if it solved the problem. This version fixes a few problems I was able to identify and replicate. Use the same download link as before.
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Latest version Reply with quote

I just downloaded the new version and it fixed my Error 360 problem. Thanks very much.
I've paid my six bucks, but I wouldn't mind donating a bit more. Where can I do that?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, thank you for subscribing. If you want to donate more, you can always buy more mirror subscription, it's cumulative. I will know that you do that to help, and not because you need it. Thanks again.
ETPhHm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Error 360 Reply with quote

I am getting an Error 360 on item 130767350290.
I read thru this thread and am a little doubtful and questioning a reinstall. There is nothing TO install other than unzipping a file... but humored the comment and re-unzipped files; no help. Also, regarding the comment about clicking a shortcut rather than the actual .exe file: Tried it and hat doesn't seem to make any difference here.

Also the autosnipe extension for Google Chrome is installed on my computer but it no longer shows up on eBay listings. I am using Chrome v. 21.0.1180.89 and have the .js file installed and enabled on the extensions page under Tools, but not showing up any more on listings. Also, the Autosnipe thread says "A NEW! version of Autosnipe has been released! Version 2.0" but my Extension page in Chrome is still listing it as v. 1.0; maybe just a un-updated field in the .js script.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETPhHm,

You probably need to download the new version of autosnipe and install it as detailed from this thread:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5913

Which version of the GDM are you using? The latest is version 1.3.6 (you can find out which version by clicking 'About' on the menu bar), you may also need to download that again from here:

http://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager.zip

Actually you are right though... I am getting the 360 error on many snipes now even with this version... It is probably a change made to the pages by eBay, Mario will need to look at it again.
ETPhHm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Error 360 Reply with quote

Well, 1.3.6 fixed it for me, at least for this item. As far as autosnipe 2.0 goes, I already downloaded from the link you posted and installed it and it shows up in Google Chrome extensions as 1.0.
ETPhHm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Error 360 Reply with quote

This is what shows in Chrome:

eBay Gixen - Autosnipe (Google Chrome) 1.0
Adds an Gixen SnipeLink to the currently viewed eBay item.
ID: locnjfepmblfelafaaomcknoabdecddg
ETPhHm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Error 360 Reply with quote

OK I uninstalled the script and then reinstalled it and now the snipe is showing up on eBay listings, but the version number on the extensions page of Chrome is still showing version 1.0
ETPhHm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Error 360 Reply with quote

This is now what Chrome shows on the extensions page:

eBay Gixen - Autosnipe 1.0
Adds an Gixen link to the currently viewed item
ID: mbjlnecpkglodempoiammnjlfldmhhoi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get Error 360 for refreshing prices for all items. Using 1.3.6 version. For example item number 170919774296
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently running version 1.3.8 and do not get the Error 360's any more.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to upgrade to 1.3.8., 1.3.6 is outdated already.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I get Error 360 for refreshing prices for all items. Using 1.3.6 version. For example item number 170919774296

Run as administrator in windows 7.

right-click shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility -> click box "Run this program as an administrator" and Apply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.