Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Several accounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Several accounts Reply with quote

Hi!
I work as a product developer, mostly with IT-solutions. I am new to sniping, and I find this Gixen great so far!

I have some ideas, and the first idea and suggestion I am looking for, as I and several people have need for:

Several accounts management
I have several accounts on eBay, and I would like to manage all of them in one place. Example for different products, I would like to use different accounts to. Also some of my family members ask me to help them bid, and helping them out at the same place /account, instead of login for each account, would be great.

Feedback?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, can you be more specific? Is it just a matter of seeing all your snipes in one place (from multiple accounts), or you would like more integration (e.g. group sniping that spans across multiple accounts)? Why, and how much, is this important to you?

Anything is possible, of course, however the question is how many users really need something like this. And it would require a lot of time and effort to implement.
Art

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say I have 4 items to bid on, and each item for a different account (individual eBay accounts with different user/passw).
This might be 2 of the items for my 2 accounts, and the 2 other items for my family members.

So instead of login 4 times for each account to place the bids, it would be great to login for one "main" account, and sub-login the other accounts within the account. This assumes that you have the permission to use other users accounts.

So you can list the 4 items, and choose which "account" is assigned for each snipe/bid. Also indiviual snipe settings for each bid is neccessary.

Similar functionality have I seen in another snipe software.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the slight convenience of it, but with Gixen's design it would require changes of gigantic proportions. The main issue is that the central idea with Gixen is that you don't have a Gixen-specific login, but you log in with your ebay account, and ebay credentials are saved only for as long as needed to execute snipes.

What you can do, however, is to have a directory for each of your accounts with Gixen Desktop Manager in it (now completely free software), and run an instance for each of the accounts.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.