Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Canceled - sign in not valid???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kovyheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Canceled - sign in not valid??? Reply with quote

So my auctions keep getting canceled.

They get scheduled and then a few hours later, automatically canceled because "sign in is not valid"

I am not sure why this is happening. Password is correct.

Thanks in advance.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a bug in the code that allowed users to log in to Gixen with an incorrect password. Please email me and I will check if this is what happened in your case.
lady.greenwood.interiors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: ME TOO Reply with quote

Can u look up my details too Mario Please I have had this prob recently and I am new to Gixen after being let down by "GoofBay" too many times. Cheers Very Happy
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady.greenwood.interiors, can you please first verify that you use the same username & password to log in to Gixen, as you do to log in to ebay, and that you can still log in to ebay with those same credentials?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

123radrob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID Reply with quote

Hi Mario,
I am having this same problem. "CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID"
I guess I need to change my eBay password??
If so, how do I change my info on the Gixen site?
Thank You
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

123radrob,

Please note that if you successfully log in to Gixen with different credentials and had snipes scheduled with the old ones that those snipes are effectively cancelled, they would have failed anyway if the password was not valid for eBay, you will not be able to see them at all. If you think that this may be the case I would advise you to make a note of them, before you proceed, as they will need to be re-scheduled once your credentials are correct.

Then I would check that you can log into eBay and Gixen with the same credentials. You are able to log into Gixen using a password that was previously successful since Gixen only checks back with eBay, at the log in stage, when you use a different combination.

Once you are certain that you are entering the same password on Gixen as on eBay, you have completed the process as far as Gixen is concerned and can then schedule snipes.
123radrob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID Reply with quote

I am now getting "Password is not a match. Could not log you in.
eBay refused your password." on Gixen index page.

WTF?
I have been using the same username & password with no problems on the eBay site.
eBay has been taking my bids no problem.

THE PROBLEM IS WITH GIXEN! NOT eBay.

BTW, I never got my answer "how do I change my Gixen password"
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID Reply with quote

123radrob wrote:
I am now getting "Password is not a match. Could not log you in.
eBay refused your password."

Please email me with your ebay username and I'll take a look. Also, please use support forum for issues like this.

123radrob wrote:
BTW, I never got my answer "how do I change my Gixen password"

I think this has been answered - you don't, you always log in with your current ebay username & password.
mems77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID Reply with quote

I have been using ebay for years and did 1000's of bids using gixen for months without any problems. I was happy and so I signed up for mirror service about 3 days ago. Today I had about 100 bids that were scheduled and every one came up "CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID" even though everything was the same and nothing had changed (except I signed up for mirror).

I have several important bids tomorrow, what should I do?

Thanks
mems77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: "CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID" Reply with quote

Never mind

For some dumb reason ebay suspended my account due to 'suspicious activity' (I guess I was buying too much stuff!). Lost out on many important bids because of them!

So it's back up now

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mems77,

To be honest your issue may be due to eBay targeting Gixens' IP address for a short period.

The main discussion of this is here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4882
Rub

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: I got the same Problem Reply with quote

i got the same problem since yesterday. iam shure not to buy too much over gixen but ebay blocked my account now totally. i cannot login to ebay directly using my regular userdate. And iam shure: username AND passwort is typed in without error.

I hope i can login to my ebay account soon again? is there an automatic reset from ebay? is this block temporary?

bye rub
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rub,

Have you checked the email account that you have registered with eBay?

There may be an email, from eBay that explains what you need to do to get the account reset by eBay.

If you can't find one, I suggest you contact eBay Customer Support and ask them.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: nope. No mail from Ebay... Reply with quote

Hello Cupid

I have checked it, but no new email from Ebay concerning the block of my user account. As soon i want to log into Ebay now. ( i really mean EBAY, not my Gixon account) i get an error information that my username and/or passwort is not matching. So i can not login to my regular Ebayaccount. I have changed nothing and my username and password is 100% right typed.

I thried to reset my passwort (forgot your passwort?), i should get an email from ebay but still no email from then. I still cant log in.

Dont know what to do.

by rub
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: nope. No mail from Ebay... Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Dont know what to do.

by rub

You will need to contact eBay Customer Support about it.

In which country are you registered with eBay?

If it is America I would start here:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&domain=Help&query=Why+was+my+account+suspended%3F&from=1468345

... and push the 'I'm A Guest' button.

FYI it says their number is 866-540-3229 open 5AM-10PM PST, 7 days a week
Beaufayse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

Hey,

new user, same problem.
My first snipe went well, it got beyond my bid so I didn't get it, but I can see it worked.
My second snipe gave me the 'sign in not valid' and thus canceled all my other snipes...
by reading through this page I'm guessing I just re-schedule them?
I tried it for the first in line, and it seems to work, but I wouldn't want it to give me another 'sign in not valid' when it snipes.

So could anyone confirm if what I did is correct?
Rolling Eyes
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your username. I will check what went wrong. I am assuming you haven't changed your ebay password?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.