Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auction end notices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRL42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Auction end notices Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have an option whereby the auction end notices are only sent if no bid has been made?

Whilst it's good to see why no bid was made fleabay sends so many emails itself that now, when I win an auction I can get:

1) Ebay bid confirmation
2) Ebay win notice
3) Auctiva win notice
4) Gixen win notice
5) Ebay Invoice

I'm going to filter some of these in my email client but it seems a simple option to add to Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say no bid was made, what exactly do you mean? Bid failed / late, bid too low and not accepted by ebay, or something else?
PRL42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
When you say no bid was made, what exactly do you mean? Bid failed / late, bid too low and not accepted by ebay, or something else?

Any of those.

You get something from Ebay for any bid that was made so it would be good if there was an option to restrict Gixen to just telling you if a bid either was not or could not be made for any reason (or was rejected).

Basically, just don't send any notification if a bid is made as Ebay will send at least one.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked, and this would require extensive changes to the notification system. If there were more requests like yours, I would go for it, but this is the first time anyone asks for it. How difficult is it for you to set up appropriate mail filters?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject:

PRL42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I just looked, and this would require extensive changes to the notification system. If there were more requests like yours, I would go for it, but this is the first time anyone asks for it. How difficult is it for you to set up appropriate mail filters?

Not very difficult at all.

I thought it might be an easy change but if it isn't it's probably not worth bothering with.

I only really notice it because I sometimes bid for quite a few items on the same day and people tend to schedule things to finish on Sunday evenings so I get inundated with emails. It's really an Ebay problem.
new comer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you api support notification instead of email notifcation? eg return a value that win or loss.
I hope you have something like that.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new comer,

You will need to parse the output from a listsnipes... request as detailed here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1359
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.